Cocoa Butter Moisturizer- DIY
This DIY product can be used on hair, skin, and nails.
You will need:
1 cup of Cocoa Butter Wafers
2 1/8 cup of Coconut Oil
2 1/8 cup of Olive oil
2 1/2 TBSP of Castor oil
Metal mixing bowl
Pot (to be used as a double boiler)
How to make:
1. Boil a pot of water (on low).
2. Pour wafers into the mixing bowl.
3. Put bowl of wafers in the pot of hot water.
(Please note: your wafers don’t need to be completely melted,
but just enough to mix with ease).
3. Once melted down, start mixing until they are completly
4. Add 1 of your 3/4 cup of Coconut oil and mix for 10 minutes.
5. Add 1 of your 3/4 cup of Olive oil and mix for 10 minutes.
6. Add 1 of your 3/4 cup of Castor oil and mix for 10 minutes.
At this point, you should start to notice the mixture thickening.
So you want to keep mixing it.
7. Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6.
8.Once solidified to a creamy texture (not grainy), store
in your favorite jar and enjoy!
The key with this ingredient is to mix it back to a creamy formation without any interuptions
to prevent any grainy textures. It may take a longer mixing time, but it’s worth the time because
it’s a sensational natural hair or skin cream. You will love it.
Cocoa Butter shelf life is 2 or more years.